Wednesday, June 18, 2003

So I'm online, just got done talking to my friend Kathy on the phone and it rings again right away. Now I need to write maybe another two hundred words on CF but I also need to close out all these windows I opened so I'm reading an article while this person is on the phone trying to get me to switch to his phone company.

I say uhuh, yeah, I dunno, maybe, I don't pay attention, he keeps talking! I said I DON'T PAY ATTENTION! And he's still yapping away.

Finally I say I'm moving Friday cause he's all it will take two weeks to set me up. He says where are you moving and I say I don't know. He says you're moving Friday but you don't know where? I'm like yup. Don't want to commit to anything, you know what I mean? So he tells me to call him when I know where I'm going. Like that's going to happen.

Sometimes when these guys call up I really fuck with their heads. I repeat the questions back to them like I'm stupid and they give up. Chris says I'm mean. Maybe but these people took these jobs on purpose. Now if someone shows me proof of some telemarketing slave ring out there I may just change my tune but for now, it's my time, and they are invading it. They will pay the price.

I just got this great idea. From now on I'm just going to repeat I don't have a phone. I'll say it all different ways, like a question, then stunned disbelief, then terribly sad. It will be a good exercise of my mad acting skillz! Look out telemarketing world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home