Thursday, November 20, 2003

I had the strangest day. I was very happy earlier in the day. Then I got a call about a ridiculous legal problem that threw me into a funk.

I had this vision of me in a boarding house getting older and older, muttering to myself, not writing anything, but thinking I am.

I finished Post Office. It was sort of plotless. Almost like a long short story.

I sat down and started writing like that. As if I were talking to someone who was not going to judge me and would laugh in the right places. I wrote 2100 words without a whole lot of effort. It was odd.

I saw something a friend wrote earlier saying he writes certain things because it brings a smile to someone's face. He's right, it does. Reading that brought a smile to my face. I'm going to think on that and try and get some sleep.

Only 48,000 words to go. A friend says I can do it. I'm always touched when someone has faith in me.

Dixie Chicks Cowboy Take Me Away is the song of the moment. Right, time to sleep, work in less than six hours.

Edited to protect privacy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home