Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Where's Trixi

Hmm. My boss called me in today to talk to me. I think he had something to say that he didn't want to say but he never seemed to get around to it. Instead he got sidetracked. He wanted to talk about my plans for my vacation. I explained about Trixi and he asked about her parents. I explained that they are deceased. He squirmed around, lit a cigar, put it out, looked out the window, said something about how busy we are and asked if I were really looking forward to vacation.

I said yes and that I was going to find out what happened to Trixi. He asked me again if I were going to get in touch with her family and I said no I never once met any member of her family. He almost fell out of his chair at this. Yes we have been friends since grade school. Yes we spent a lot of time together. Yes we camped out in her backyard but we never went into the house. Her father slept during the day and her mother studied at night. Then later she never wanted me to visit them and she wouldn't talk about them at all.

My boss was flabbergasted and eventually I went back to my desk. He was still mumbling and writing notes last I saw him. Some people are so strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home