Saturday, January 17, 2004

Where's Trixi

Sometimes my subconscious gets me in trouble. I was out today with a guy I know from work. His name is Frank. We were walking in the fricking freezing weather. He thought it would be nice to go to Annapolis to the docks and get ice cream. I wonder if his father was a polar bear and his mother made of now.

That song This Must Be the Place was running through my head. I was humming and then I started singing, quietly and then louder until I was really belting. Either I was trying to warn up or my brain froze. I was singing the line about "love me 'til my heart stops" when he moved really close and took my hand. Why bother? It's not like he could feel anything through those thick gloves anyway.

Then I was singing the "home is where I want to be" part and he got all offended. Not as offended as I was by him taking my hand without my permission but I didn't let him know. He took me home without even getting his ice cream. He will probably be distant and awkward at work Tuesday. Men. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home