Saturday, March 08, 2008

Fantasy weekend

Cullen and Cam are busy with Super Smash Bros Brawl this weekend, which leaves me up to my own devices. It's the first weekend in some time when I haven't got loads of chores to do so I'm having a fantasy weekend. As in fantasy and scifi.

I read (reread?) John "Mike" Ford's One Last Hot Time, diving into it the moment I woke up and reading straight through. Then on to Jeffrey Ford's Empire of Ice Cream, short fantasy stories.

I took a break from that to watch Torchwood, a show I only recently discovered. If I've got time I'll finish up with Stephen King's Duma Key, which of course is dark fantasy. Intermingled is writing my own fantasy book, book three in the Kitta series.

I'm somewhat confused by Torchwood, not so much by the show itself but by the bizarre choice of commercials. Why are there commercials for Christian devotional CDs? How many hardcore Christians are watching the show? And why exactly? Is it the hot gay kissing?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home