Sunday, July 27, 2008

These are the questions I ask my teenager

Cullen, who is only going to be a teenager for a short time as he is turning 19 this week, doesn't always get normal mother of teenager questions from me. Sure I ask him where he's going and when he's coming home when he goes out, just like I tell him where I'm going and when I'm coming back when I go out, because it's the polite thing to do, but the really hard questions are entirely different. Take these that I just asked him:

How many are in a cohort?

Do you think if you had enough cohorts of German Shepherd Dogs they could take a raptor in a fight?

And yes, if you've read the Gabriel book the whole dog against raptor theme is repeated, but in a new and different way. There aren't any raptors in this new book. The bit I'm writing is more the sort of desperate fantasy planning you might do when you're completely overwhelmed and out of real world options. While you're engaged in planning to run off to raptor land with your cohorts of dogs your underbrain is figuring out a viable option that doesn't involve chicken concestors.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home