Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let's Play Guess the Animal

I was taking Cam home from getting his allergy shot when we saw an animal on the grass on route 100, in an island between the actual highway and an entrance ramp. It was going back and forth in circles trying to figure out what to do. I don't know why it was there in the first place as there didn't seem to be anything there that would lure it out onto the road.

At first I thought it was a groundhog, of which there are many where we live, even one down at the corner of our decidedly suburban neighborhood, but then realized it was something very different.

It was a beaver. I didn't even realize there was a body of water near that entrance but we live in a very watery county with loads of waterfront property so there must have been something nearby. I hope it made its way safely back to wherever it's been living.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home