Sunday, March 21, 2010

Health Care Reform passed

What a shame it was watered down so much. I'm particularly troubled by the part about no money to be spent on abortion. I'll have to see how it's worded but historically abortion banning harms women in often terrible ways. Lawmakers often seem not to know that abortion is the medical term for miscarriage.

When I had my miscarriage, way back in 1991, my diagnosis was inevitable abortion. My fetus had died several days before I started bleeding, as evidenced by the doctor being unable to find the heartbeat on my last visit, so an abortion was in fact inevitable. When things came to a head I lost three pints of blood before I could have the surgery that I needed. Then I needed to stay in the hospital. All together the bill was in the thousands and that's just the financial cost. I was devastated and depressed for quite some time after.

Should I then have to pay for this medical care myself because some bozos who haven't been to med school for even one day decided it's wrong for federal money to be spent on "abortions"? It's frightening and sickening how much control people who aren't affected have over the bodies, minds and lives of others.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Jennifer MacNeill said...

At least it was a start but I am with you on it being watered down. So sorry to read your story, that's so sad.

Thanks for stopping by my blog tonight.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Georgiana said...

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them.

I always enjoy dropping by your blog. Your beautiful pictures never fail to add a bright spot to my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home