Saturday, March 29, 2003

I love how technology means exactly the opposite of what it says. For instance you click the Remember me? box and it doesn't remember me at all. Perhaps it remembers me the way you remember someone you didn't really like in kindergarten. Just this vague feeling of discomfort but nothing to attach it to.

And hotmail - it always says hotmail - more useful everyday when it should say more useless everyday.

I got a note from a collection agency that represents Blockbuster - apparently a certain someone checked out 1 wet hot american summer and failed to return it. Now collection agencies are bad enough but to have them pursue you for something like that is too silly for words. I can't decide if a film called 1 wet hot american summer would make the viewer a patriot.

I have to go to the ER because I'm spitting up blood, blah, blah, blah it's all so very Victorian I can't stand it.

She turned away from him; handkerchief to her lips, but not so quickly that he didn't notice the scarlet bloom on the snow white purity of the cloth. The pallor of her cheeks matched the former colour of the now stained materiel. He'd seen the terror in her eyes. There was nothing he could do or say. Good manners prevented him from saying anything to soothe her or even to touch her arm in silent sympathy. They could only stand there, bound together in silent fear and longing, waiting for something to break the spell of the bloody cloth.

Right then, I'm off the hospital. Prediction - someone will decide it's a pulmonary embolism or maybe a broken blood vessel in my lung. They'll run a bunch of expensive tests; VQ scan, X-rays, maybe a CT scan, who knows. I just know I'll be deeper in debt and likely I'll learn nothing more.

I think this is a good time to express my great appreciation and love of Ben Folds (with or without his five). I'm listening to Eddie Walker right now. This guy (I'll admit to total dorkitude if it turns out he doesn't write his own lyrics) walks a wonderful line between funny, poignant and thought provoking. I had Zak and Sara on continuous play the other night when I started Angels in Black Suits.

Speaking of playing the same song over and over while writing I used think I was kind of a freak to do it but I've found some others who do it so I'm happy to know I'm just plain freaky. Hubloodyzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home