Thursday, June 26, 2003

Some emails from Dan he wrote when he read the beginning of Carnal Fear. I think it was 9,000 words when he got it. I hit 40,000 last night. Why am I posting these? I don't know. Maybe just so they are here to support me when I feel like I'm cutting off a little piece of my soul with every word I write.

**************************

:-) I'm reading Carnal Fear. They just got to the vegetarian place. Have I mentioned that the first few pages impressed me? I can't help but grin the kind of grin that you can't help but grin when you're reading a story that the writer was meant to write.

>grin<

*****************

I'll finish reading it tomorrow. But really, there's a different sound and feel and flow to writing that just really comes from inside you. Do you know what I mean? Like when I'm writing a novel and I lose myself and I realize an hour later that I've written an entire chapter and I have to go back and read it to see what happened. It's what I love about writing. It's writing that grabs you and holds on and controls you.

I see that in this. It's what I strive for, so I recognize it. You *have* to finish writing this.

I'll talk to you on the morrow. :-)

*****************

And then the rest would give away way too much plot and such. He sent me more stuff but it's in another account and I'm not sure I can get them because of that evile virus last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home