Sunday, November 23, 2003

I wrote this thing after Danny died. It was originally for a writing challenge at PGL. I knew it was time for me to write something about his death but I wasn't sure what.

I logged on to PGL and popped into the writing forum just to see what was going on. Someone had posted a challenge to write anything about two people saying goodbye, knowing they would never see each other again.

I wrote a piece called Saying Goodbye. It was about me going into the hospital room after he was dead to say goodbye.

I got a lot of positive responses to the piece. A few months later I put it up at Zoetrope. I got kind of mixed responses. Some people thought my son was dead, I guess because I was talking about reading to Danny and taking him to the movies. It never crossed anyone's mind that he was in a wheelchair.

I went over there today to find a poem I wrote that I want to include in Blue Than the Night Sky. I found a comment by one of the administrators of Zoe. It said Interesting premise.

All could think is this is no premise, this is my life. But I did pit it up as a short story so I guess that's my fault. And maybe my life is a premise and I just don't get it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home