Sunday, December 21, 2003

Where's Trixi?

Eighteen months, sixteen days, seven hours and five minutes ago my friend Trixi set off on vacation with her dirtbag boyfriend, Dale. I haven't seen her since. The amount of time passing changes all the time. My fear and longing for her never changes.

Part of me is always worrying, wondering and waiting. I dream of her pale face, dark hair and pleading look as she slowly backs away and vanishes into a fog. I wake up and make myself some tea. Sometimes I call Officer Benny and leave another voice mail asking if there is something new.

Nothing is new. Everything is old and hopeless. He always tries to sound cheery when he calls me back but I know he's putting it on. You see he used to date Trixi until said dirtbag made his appearance. I think he is trying to make me believe so that he can believe.

I am not at all sure that Officer Benny, as I now call him instead of just plain Tim, should be on this case. He's too close to be objective. On the other hand maybe his sheer love of her will act like a lodestone and bring her home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home