Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I was talking to my friend Kathy today and she said I am a good debater. I don't know that is quite true. I just have very strong opinions and I have reasons for my opinions.

We were talking about same sex marriage because I think it's SO GAY that Kerry says he supports homosexual rights but not gay marriages. Dude you are either for or against. You can't be half assed like that. Either you believe that gays are people just like me, I was going to say you but I suspect Kerry and I are radically different, and we all get the same permission to do stuff or you don't.

If you support gays you support their right to be in a marriage. I totally do. Kathy was saying that she would be down if it wasn't called marriage, if it was called a union. Semantics!

And I said that back in the day - and here I totally pulled this out of years of reading and no particular source - a guy could marry 27 wives. To me then all of those women have 26 wives and are engaged in a same sex marriage. So if we have to say we can only look at traditional marriages well then hell, traditional marriages have been same sex for a really long time.

I'm just sayin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home