Tuesday, August 24, 2004

It's just not working.

I am so pressed over this sitcom script. Maybe that's why it's not coming along at all. I decided I needed to scrap most of what I had and start over. I know that many people say just get the first draft done and do the rewrites later and I agree somewhat but I also think that when you have to force yourself to write and you hate every single word then maybe you need to decide if you are going in the wrong direction.

I think that's the case here. I've never written a sitcom and I think I was trying to do too much in the first episode. The parts I have happening at page 13 should probably be the end of of the episode. Rip it up and start over but still if I didn't have a deadline to finish this thing I would put it away and let if ferment for a few months because I am not convinced I really have a handle on it as a TV show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home