Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Five rides for a penny

I was reading Strange Attractions today and a line in a poem that said "Five rides for a penny" caught my eye. Normally I would just think the poem was old, set in a time where you could get five rides for a penny but instead it gave me the absolute shivers.

I started thinking about why you would give five rides for a penny and then I asked my friend K. what he thought. He agreed and says he would be quite suspicious of the motives of the person involved.

I was writing an email to my friend A. to ask what they thought and I meant to say "If you were at a carnival" but I said "if you were a carnival" which is something altogether different but equally intriguing.

The bad news of the day is that I have been sick all day. Back to feeling queasy all the time, headaches, lots of trouble seeing. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home