Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hoping for a migraine

Most of the time I manage to ignore exactly how much having PTC and this clotting disorder has negatively impacted my life. So okay, I can't walk more than about a block and I can't stay out of bed all day without getting sick and having really swollen legs and I had to give up acting, but I manage to work from home (no sick days all year!!) and keep the family going so I like to think I'm not doing so poorly.

But this evening I'm sitting here and I realize I'm actually praying to God that I have a migraine.

I've got such a rotten headache that I took two tramadols (normally I take nothing) on top of a Ponstel and then about an hour later I had to take some phenergan cough syrup. I'm ridiculously medicated but still feel horrible, spacy and in pain and nauseated and feeling like things are just wrong. If someone told me I had slipped into another dimension I would just think, okay, maybe that explains it.

So I'm hoping this is a migraine. If it is and I can fall asleep then I'll feel better tomorrow.

But maybe it's not.

I went back to see Dr. Rismondo, my eye/brain doctor on Wednesday and she was delighted to see that my optic nerves are totally flat. This was welcome news indeed because I cut my dose of Diamox in half when I was diagnosed with diabetes, because one of the side effects is blood sugar spikes and drops. So after six weeks of half a dose of Diamox my eyes look great, superb news.

As a result she decided this would be a good time to try weaning myself off the Diamox completely. So yesterday I stopped taking it.

Today I've got a horrid headache. Increased cranial pressure or migraine? I'm hoping for migraine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home