Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A Thousand Acres

I just started reading A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley. I know, it's the second Pulitzer prize winning novel of the week. Don't worry, I took a break for a Danielle Steel book called Miracle in between, as well as this thing called Abduction by Robin Cook so there's no danger of me being a snob or anything.

So back to Ms. Smiley; I like what I've read of hers. A short story collection I can't remember the name of and the thing about the ponies I can't remember the name of. I know, I have a bad brain and I'm tired. Anyway, I picked up 62 before Christmas at the Goodwill when they were a quarter each and I had a coupon. Two of them were books by Ms. Smiley. I also picked up Moo, which I will likely tackle next week.

So far A Thousand Acres is much more accessible than Shipping News was. Easy to read and quite beautiful in parts.

I thought I might try and read all the Pulitzer prize winning novels of the last one hundred years. I didn't realize I'd be able to pick so many of them up at the Goodwill. At this rate it will only cost me 25 dollars and tax.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home