Saturday, July 28, 2007

Happy birthday to Mr. Cullen B. Lee

18 today. My goodness, seems like just a couple of years ago. My water broke at 2 or so in the morning and I waited at home for the contractions to get strong. When they finally did, I guess about eight hours later, we hopped in the car and headed for the Anne Arundel Medical Center, the old one that was in downtown Annapolis.

Well we got caught in traffic because they were doing some construction on little two lane road that runs from Crofton to Annapolis and there we sat, in the heat, with me having contractions every two minutes.

I was wearing this sort of a pinafore and we were driving my old Toyota shortbed truck which had some stuff in the back for the horses and I started thinking worse case I was going to have this baby in the back of the truck, where at least there would be some room and maybe one of the road crew would notice and maybe get us an ambulance but finally we got through.

I was in hard labor with him all day and finally right around four he popped out, eight pounds six and a half ounces and the moment I looked into his eyes I thought, he's here, Cullen's finally here and that's how we named him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home