Saturday, January 19, 2008

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall be avenged!

I'm watching Galaxy Quest with Cam. I'd forgotten how much I like it. In fact I probably like it even more now because I've seen so many episodes of TNG since this film came out. I've also been to a bunch of cons, although not Galaxy Quest cons. But anyway I'm much more equipped to get all the inside jokes and references.

Alan Rickman plays Dr. Lazurus and Sir. Alexander Dane. His character is so bitter that it's a wonder he showed up at the con in the first place.

I did a movie with him a few years ago, Something the Lord Made. I played a mother whose baby had blue baby syndrome. I'm sure there's something about it in these archives. The other lead in that film is Mos' Def, who I saw earlier this week in a deeply depressing film with Brandon Fraser about drugs and twisted family dynamics set in Brazil.

I got some stuff in the mail today from the Screen Actors Guild Awards. A copy of Into the Wild and a free ticket to see There Will be Blood. I might go see that tomorrow. Interestingly it's from an Upton Sinclair project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home