Friday, January 25, 2008

Terminator Two is on

I saw this film exactly once before. It scared the crap out of me. I watched it at home, all alone, and I ended up crawling up onto the back of the couch pressing myself into the wall, trying to get as far away from the tv as possible. I am seriously creeped out by the terminator that has the ability to pretend to be other people so convincingly. When you can't trust your senses you're in big trouble. Another reason I don't take mind altering drugs...

I turned in my SAG Award votes at two am this morning after spending something like eight hours at the movie theater getting in two more films, There Will be Blood and Juno. There Will be Blood is around three hours with trailers and Juno is two, with an hour between the two of them.

They were both extremely good in very different ways. There Will be Blood is this sprawling, powerful, drama about a crazy man and Juno is about a charming young woman faced with a difficult decision. Juno is funny as hell and I'm glad we were able to see it.

The toughest decision I made was between Julie Christie and Ellen Page for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role. I finally went with Julie Christie because her role seemed more difficult to me, but man it was close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home