Monday, May 12, 2008

Flooding

Friday I took Cam to Annapolis and came back via Crofton because I had a couple of books on hold at the Crofton library (Connie Willis and Frederik Pohl). It was raining pretty hard on our way to Annapolis and on the way home it was raining a little. The main road we take was closed for flooding. I went down it as far as we could and turned off onto a back road that I know will take me pretty near the library and was almost there when we came to a spot where the road was flooded. We made it past by kind of going around, up on the shoulder where the road was a little higher and eventually made it all the way home.

It's been raining pretty steadily ever since. School was two hours late with several schools closed because of power outages.

I was watching the news tonight and the street by our post office is completely underwater. They said it was six or eight feet in some places!!! The last time we had this much trouble with flooding was Ernesto, which ripped our front door off and the time before that was Isabelle, which totally flooded out downtown Annapolis and damaged quite a few homes. My sister's mother in law's house flooded.

I've got library books due tonight but I'm not going out to take them back. I'll just pay the fine, thank you very much. Maybe tomorrow if the rain lets up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home