Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More credit union news

I'm behind on posting interesting CU news, via Credit Union Journal Daily Briefing.

A credit union in Massachusetts donated forty grand to a state college.

Another CU in Greensboro, North Carolina raised forty-seven thousand dollars which was donated to the family of a toddler with leukemia. The three-year-old had no health insurance.

Someone robbed Fibre Federal Credit Union and also pepper sprayed everyone, customers and employees alike. What the hell? You can kill an asthmatic with pepper spray.

Someone robbed Navy Federal six times, nabbing around one hundred grand. These robberies are local to us, taking place in Maryland and Virginia.

El Paso Employees FCU gave out about twenty grand in scholarships. I'm always really happy to see these sorts of programs.

Ohio is limiting the interest on payroll loans to 28 percent. I've seen other legislation that is calling for 36 percent. It's terrifying that these are suggested reductions. Only the poorest or most desperate people take these loans out. I've been appalled to see auto title loan commercials showing up on television lately.

And in my own personal health news, I went to see my hematologist today and I ran out of iron again. I'm going to start iron infusion again next week and will have another PICC line installed sometime before then. I'm not thrilled but I'm hoping to feel better afterwards, which will make it all worthwhile. Started back up on warfarin today. So frustrating.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home