Friday, August 08, 2008

Pwned by Olympic coverage

I had a lot of trouble with my column this week. I wrote a few hundred words about Gone Baby Gone but ran out of steam when I realized I didn't want to include spoilers, which makes explaining why it doesn't work really hard.

Then I started an Olympic column and wrote most of that, only to realize last night that the opening ceremonies, which took up about half the column, would be over by the time the column went out in our newsletter. So I ripped it apart and wrote something new, after my bedtime, half asleep, and was extremely disasitified with the results.

Then I finally get the NBC site to work (I had to use IE) and find out that the ceremonies were on twelve hours late so I should have just left my column alone. Sigh.

My goal for these Olympics is to see more of the Equestrian than just the horses crashing on the cross country portion of eventing so I spent half an hour looking through TV listings on Comcast and finally figured out that dressage will on tomorrow morning at 6:30 am, online instead of on my tv. So I can't record it and I surely won't be up that early. Pwned.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home