Sunday, March 01, 2009

The upside to having a diabetic cat

So Titan is old. He's decrepit. He needs to take baths in the bathtub. He doesn't stand properly because his legs have some nerve damage. He needs insulin shots twice a day, which are expensive. He sleeps under my bed and when he crawls out he looks like a zombie. He actually looks a lot like a fatter version of the cat from the movie version of Coraline. He has bad breath. He staggers when he walks sometimes. He tries to scratch his head and misses, scratching madly at the air. He likes to sleep on my Wii Fit balance board, which he thinks is a pillow. He stands next to my bed sometimes and cries because he wants to be picked up.

But at least I don't ever have to worry about him jumping up on the kitchen counter when we're cooking.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An oldie but goodie to do with counter cats: http://www.plasma2002.com/blenderdefender/

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Georgiana said...

I forgot to say I enjoyed the link very much. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home