Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cute idea but I'm not sure it will work

Several months ago Colleen Lindsay had a thread about Jane Austen and vampires. I left a post saying I had been imagining Jane Austen and Cthulu (something I lethargically researched) then one about the Brontes destroying zombies. (I still think this is a fantastic idea.)

I just read this article which says

Will Clark is set to direct "Pride and Predator," which veers from the traditional period costume drama when an alien crash lands and begins to butcher the mannered protags, who suddenly have more than marriage and inheritance to worry about.

It's a cute idea but I think it might be more a skit idea than a feature film. I'm also pretty sure that the average Jane Austen fan is not going to want to see this film. Sure there will be freaks like me who like monsters and Austen, but I wonder how many of us there are and if there are enough to make this thing make any money. I'll be following this story with interest.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home