Saturday, November 28, 2009

Wordle of my NaNoWriMo 2009 Project so Far

Scott Westerfeld offers up some terrific advice in this post about using word clouds to figure out which words you might be a little too fond of. (For me I know I use the word so too much and awkward shows up in this manuscript quite a bit.)




I made this image using http://www.wordle.net/. I couldn't fit the whole thing into my image manipulation program but it says Sierra at the bottom of the image. She's my protagonist and is in every scene, so her name dominates. Other characters are her best friend Mika, her boarder Mike (I know, too similar, working names only), her friend Puff who lives on the neighboring farm, her horse Maya and her mom. Loads of m names but that's temporary. She has a head injury after being trampled by Puff's new horse Spazmo, hence the word head showing up a lot as well as doctor.

You can make your own word cloud using this link: http://www.wordle.net/create.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home