Thursday, July 03, 2003

I was just reading the news, not a normal pursuit for me but first I saw something about Aboriginal art and then a blob so I got kind of sucked into it without my consent.

The blob thing was both very cool and poignant for me. Reuters seems to have no clue about the history of the MANY blobs that have been found and not identified. They mention one in 1896 but please, any true freaker knows there are more than that. And that's the poignant part. I am a true freaker and the one freak who I'd like to talk to about it isn't around anymore. That would be Derek Barnes, my beloved webmaster of freakylinks.com. Okay, okay, yes, after getting to know him and emailing him and all I did find out he wasn't real but I don't care because Brian Cain, the genius behind Derek is real. Here's a halfway decent link if you want more info on blobs and globs and whatnots.

So anyway, I wish the site and the boards were still around so I could write and we could all talk about it, superior in our crypto-zoological knowledge.

The end result of this news reading is that I saw that the US is offering 25 mm for proof of what's his face's death, you know the one, ran Iraq, couldn't spell his name if I had to, the one we hear bad things about.

I am not a cruel person but there is a part of me that gets excited when I see a big reward like that. I want to be a bounty hunter! Just long enough to get the 25 mm so I can make some movies! I suppose that's terribly shallow of me but there you have it.

I was dismayed to see that the offer appears to be only good if you are an Iraqi. Now I suppose I could work some kind of deal, go find what's his face, capture him with my charisma and charm and then get some Iraqi to split the cash with me. But that's complicated and by the time I get to those kinds of thoughts I'm off thinking of new plot points for my Fragmented Woman script.

Perhaps I'm not cut out to be a bounty hunter but I bet I could find Jesse James and get that five large. I'm just sayin'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home