Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Random thoughts

I wrote a column once about where writers get their ideas. I hate when people ask me, esp. if they are looking like I must be stark raving mad. I also hate it when they offer me their ideas. I feel as though I am at a dinner party. "Oh no thank you, I'm fine. I really couldn't handle another idea."

But sometimes I wonder myself. Who are these people who appear and demand that I write about them? Demand isn't even the right word. I start to do something and I open some application that holds words, or I get one of my gazillion notebooks and I write.

Danny used to say we wrote the same way. He said he was in all my work. Even the stuff I wrote before he was born.

After he died I started wondering if his spirit is writing with me. I miss him.

I think they caught the kid who fired the gun near Cul at school last Wednesday.

Cam has pneumonia. Luckily not this dreadful flu, although I think that pneumonia is outside of enough.

I had a very nice talk with Ad today. A little confusing because he was passing on a message that neither of us understand. The mysteries of life are part of what makes it all so amazing.

I took Cul and Cam to Ocean City Saturday. We stayed at the Fenwick Inn. We saw some of the festival of lights. We saw the wild ponies. Not all of them. We saw some deer. We bought presents for the few people who I can afford to gift this year.

A great big shout out to Keith G who has been promoted from "The Good Keith" to "The Excellent Keith." Thank you once again. Keith did something very kind and generous for me.

I wonder, wonder, wonder. I've got that "I'm writing something but i am not quite sure what" daze.

Good times. Except for the pneumonia. 1:30 am and I am a tired, tired grrl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home