Sunday, February 01, 2004

Where's Trixi?

The strangest thing in my life happened when we were in sixth grade. No doubt I mentioned that my parents never had much money when I was a child. To everyone's dismay the price of housing went up quite a lot the summer before we were meant to start middle school.

Our landlady sold our house and we were forced to move to a worse neighborhood with a pretty decent school system. Always shy I had a terrible time. I missed Trixi fiercely and my parents never let me call her. My mom would start moaning and acting crazy and my father would banish me to my room until "all this nonsense is over and you start acting normal."

Then one day I was sitting in the cafeteria crying and pretending to read the Island Stallion when I heard a voice and there she was. My Trixi girl. She never ever explained how she got her parents to put her in that school. I'd as them now but they died the year she got out of high school. Life is so peculiar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home