Saturday, April 10, 2004

I'm starting to feel better. It's such an achingly slow process that I almost hesitate to name it. Sometimes I think it's shocking how this intracranial hypertension laid me out so badly but then I think it's really the same as a brain tumour and if I had one of those causing my brain to swell I would expect to feel pretty rotten.

I used to get up to do really simple things like go downstairs to answer the door and I would faint, or lose my balance or not be able to see the stairs. Then I would be so tired I would crawl back up the stairs and when I got back to my command central here in my bedroom my heart would be pounding so and I would feel so bad that I would sit here clinically wondering if I were going to die.

And surely I still get exhausted frighteningly quickly and surely my heart beats too fast but I don't feel like I'm dying anymore and I think that has to be a Good Thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home