Sunday, May 16, 2004

And now it's time to say what I forgot to say...

I'm working on this Presently Occupied thing. I am often struck by critical analysis of my own work which can be somewhat disconcerting.

The three projects of mine have had the theme that you can accomplish anything at all by sheer force of will.

Also at least of my leads in everything I have written lately is dead. I think that not counting poetry every single thing I have written since Dan died has a dead person or a death in it. Which is not to say none of the poetry has death because a lot of it does just not all. Actually now I can't think of any that doesn't.

I wonder how long this will last.

When I talk about Dan I have this urge to say God rest his soul but I cannot imagine that Dan would ever want to rest quietly or noisily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home