Friday, December 24, 2004

No really, we think it's funny...

I took the boys to Fridays tonight. I have not been there in a long time and it's not exactly on my list of favourite places but it was late and Christmas Eve and seemed to be the only place open besides Dennys.

We got a kid's menu so we could colour while we waited for our food. The menu was kind of appalling. The graphics were not attractive and the games were odd in a bad way.

There was one that said something like:

We'd like you to tell us something funny that happened at the following place.

At the lunch table

In class

On the bus

At the playground

A movie moment

Now maybe it's just me but I could think of very little funny about those locations. The school ones all brought up memories of being beaten up or picked on and how many funny movie moments are there that aren't coming from the film itself?

Oh I managed to come up with some answers and so did the kids but those situations are not inherently funny. Mostly I thought about various scenes I had written for I Am Not the Problem, the script I wrote where parts of it take place in the school. I guess that combines everything, doesn't it? I suspect they wanted things that actually happened though so I had to think really hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home