Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Comics week and going blind

I've spent nearly all of my free time this week reading. I read some JD Salinger and some Clive Barker but mostly I have read comics.

I read all my X-Files and my Gremlin Troubles, a couple of Sinnamons and a whole slew of Batmans of various kinds. Now I am reading my Elfquest books. Right now I am reading Rebels. This is the most engrossing thing I've read this week.

It's funny because I hear people talk about comics growing up and how people had to wait for comics to grow up before they could read them again. I was never fond of DC comics as a kid. I liked Marvel but really just Spiderman and Conan. I liked Spiderman because he is human and he has so many problems. I could relate.

I went form him to Elfquest and the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and other independent/underground comics when I was sixteen or so. I had story and myth in my comics long before I discovered Sandman, no offense Neil, you know I love you, I'm just sayin'.

I think the reason I am so determined to reread all my comics by the end of the year is that my vision is failing again. I keep losing big chunks of the sight in my left eye. I supposed I will call Dr. Risamondo who will say my eyes look great and then I will what? Cry? Yell? Pluck out my eye and let her look through it and see what I am talking about? I don't know what to do but I've upped my medicine to 1500 mgs a day and that's not working. I would like someone to fix me, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home