Sunday, November 07, 2004

Skipping Christmas

I saw a commercial for a film called Christmas with the Cranks, or maybe Kranks, I don't remember. Apparently that terrible book by John Grisham that I read recently, the one called Skipping Christmas with the racist comments and storyline that made no sense to me, is now this movie.

It also appears that the whole thing was meant to be a comedy. Here I thought it was some weird little moral essay about fitting in with your neighbours and someone thought it was funny. I thought it was one of those whatsits, tip of my tongue, like Pilgrims Progress, one of those.

Come to find out it's secretly knee slappingly funny. So secretly I never once smiled or laughed.

* * * *

I'm still down about 2000 words on Bare Minimum. I've got 12,400 so far. It's bizarre to feel so guilty and behind over such a terrific word count. It's actually really great for seven days writing, a full time job and planning a trip that I can't afford to do properly.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home