Monday, November 01, 2004

NaNoWriMo Day One

Wow that was interesting. I spent the last couple of days writing notes for the opening sequence of the book. Then when I sat down to write tonight I wrote something totally different and my female protagonist, Xodiac, is very different from what I had imagined.

It's odd to me how often I will start a project and it will turn into something new on page one.

So far I owe thanks to Kevin for giving me the idea in the first place, not that he did it on purpose but still, and to Cullen who helped me out when I said that Xodiac's character wasn't going to work with this story line. He gave me a plot point idea that will spin her around and set her off in a new direction. If I were writing a script I would think I have about 20 pages to play with before she has her big life change but as it is I am at sea. I guess it will just happen when I think I have established her existing situation enough.

Right at 2000 words today according to Word.

Come Back Little Sheba

I'd never seen this film. One of the kids accidentally kicked the TV while we were having a talk and Shirley Booth's voice sounded familiar so I started watching trying to place her. She sounded like the woman in I Don't Want to be a Homosexual by the Dead Milkmen.

Cul wanted me to turn the movie off and I could see his point. It was like it was Requiem for a Dream v 1.0. I could see no good coming from the situation and sure enough it was terribly sad.

The only positive thing I could say about the message of that film is that everyone who thinks it is terrible how easily we divorce today should watch that movie. Nobody should be trapped in a living situation like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home