Saturday, November 06, 2004

No Mom, really, it doesn't look that bad

I took everyone out for a haircut today. I am slightly disturbed by the fact that I change the oil in the van more often than I cut my hair. It's not like I am particularly diligent about changing the oil, it's that I have only gotten my hair cut maybe twice this year.

I like to give my money to small local businesses so we tried a little family owned barbershop. I guess I neglected two important rules. No, make that three.

1) Make sure the person cutting your hair speaks English well enough to understand that trim my bangs doesn't mean cut off every bit of my hair with any curl to it until my hair is almost the shortest in the family. A family of me and three boys mind you.

2) Look at the person cutting your hair and see if you like their hair. I thought someone else was going to do my hair and once my glasses were off I couldn't see a thing. Come to find out the woman who cut my hair seems to be some sort of gremlin/troll/hair god creature who doesn't look at all real and has gonk hair if I ever saw any.

3) Don't get your hair cut right before an important event when you haven't got the money to get it recut if you hate the results.

When I looked in the mirror after I cried. I can't even express how terrible I looked. It was like a bowl cut that you might find on a drowned rat.

Later my hair fluffed back up and some of the curl came back and I decided I would be able to go outside before a year passed and I felt bad that I never said a word to her beyond "It's so short!" and I felt even worse that I didn't tip her.

But you know when your kids can't even look at you after a haircut you do have a problem.

* * * *

I'm about a day behind where I would like to be with NaNoWriMo. I've got 10,240 words. Really I should be pleased. It's been very difficult for me to write so much with this brain thing going on but I have persevered. I'm pretty proud of myself for writing so much in just a few days. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home