Wednesday, November 17, 2004

And I'm back

I got terribly depressed this afternoon. You know that depression where you can't even move because you feel so rotten. Cul said he thought it was not being at Fiddler's Green anymore depression. I think it was brought on by catching up at Riverbend and the Real Live Preacher's blogs. Of course Riverbend's was much more depressing but Preacherman got me down for totally different reasons.

I was thinking that is it. I am so far behind in my NaNoWriMo and I am too sad to write. And then I thought about the story Neil read us Friday night and how he says the cure for depression over events is to make Good Art so I opened my book and I wrote a thousand words. I'm particularly pleased with the bit about the cold clear voice and the animals dying from dehydration and hypothermia.

Chris and Jeff and Stu are downstairs writing and singing a song about how they could be the softest paper towels in the world. Someone is playing the flute and someone is playing the guitar. I'm very blessed to live in such a creative space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home