Sunday, May 15, 2005

Extremely Repulsive Behavior

Chris and I went to see Sin City and about ten minutes into the film something warm and wet lands on my arm. Some degenerate scumbag was chewing up popcorn and throwing it. How repulsive is that? God, now that I think about it I should have just thrown up on them. I never think of the perfect response until later.

Now I have had some trouble in the movie theater in the past as I am sure many, many women have. One instance is when I was about fourteen a guy was sitting behind me and he kept creeping his hand between the seat backs and groping my breasts. I clawed at his hand with my nails and drew blood and I told my mom, who was at the theater with me, and she said something to the guy but half an hour later he was back again. The whole thing was just awful and left me feeling insecure and like I could not stand up for myself. Fast forward to today and I start thinking about this and how awful behavior seems to be overlooked in the theater, maybe because it is dark and I got really pissed off.

I figured it I was going to do something I had to do it right away so I got up and I can't really see in the dark anymore but the guys sitting behind us looked pretty chill, like they were comic book fans and wanted to see the film, so I asked them politely and they pointed out who was doing it and I had some choice words for them and they left the theater. Chris said my body language said "chick ready to tear someone's throat out" so that worked out okay.

If you're familiar with Sin City you might understand why when Hartigan told Nancy that she grew up strong I thought me too, me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home