Monday, August 28, 2006

ICP monitoring

I've got an appointment at eight am tomorrow morning to talk to the Hydrocephalus guys up at Johns Hopkins to see what their plan is for me. These are the doctors I saw in February who sent me for an MRI and then never followed up with me and finally said they'd forgotten all about me. A source told me that I had fallen through the cracks and that those who complain the most get the attention.

I wasn't doing much complaining, a few phone calls here and there, because I'm still deeply terrified at the idea of doing anything surgical to fix this PTC. The more they forgot about me the longer I had to try and decide if I could go through with it.

The next step will likely be ICP monitoring, drilling a hole in my skull, while I'm awake, inserting a wire and continually checking my intracranial pressure to see if it drops as well as spikes. It wouldn't do me a bit of good to get as shunt if I'm just going to trade high pressure for constant spinal headaches from low pressure.

The really weird thing is that I can't bear the idea of shunt surgery but I would be more than down with getting some sort of wireless connection in my head so I could go online at any time from any place. And I'd agree to getting a mouse implanted in my finger so I could just mouse whenever I wanted.

But I digress. I really miss acting and I'm tired of being sick all the time so I complained and now tomorrow we'll see what the plan is. Maybe it's going to be nothing but at least then I can close the chapter called Johns Hopkins and start the chapter called Skill Witch Doctoring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home