Friday, August 25, 2006

Most astonishing thing I've learned today

I had an interesting week. I learned all kinds of things, like that at one aquarium four sea lions died in one day (or three if you don't count a still-born pup) and that 90% of the animals at the aquarium in New Orleans died after Hurricane Katrina. Also that the entire penguin colony was FedExed back to the aquarium in May.

But hands down, the most amazing thing I learned this week is that there is a group called No Room for Contraception. Seriously, they are against any form of birth control, even for married couples engaging in "the marital act." Wow. I can't even begin to understand their thinking. They've got a conference coming up called Contraception is Not the Answer.

What is the answer? Unwanted children that will be abused by their parents? Extreme poverty? Over population? All I can do is boggle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home