Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Drat it all to heck

I got a call this evening from a doctor I don't see. While he was introducing himself I was thinking he had called the wrong number but he asked for me.

The lab had called him about the blood test I had today. My PT/INR, which should be around 2.5, was 5.5.

Now most doctors will tell you that you can't tell when your PT'/INR is high, that's it's a silent thing like hypertension or whatever. But I always get a cough and I always feel achy and horrid and feel like I'm dieing when my levels are high. So when my family doctor told me my lungs were clear yesterday even though I keep coughing I made arrangements to get my blood tested and sure enough it was stupidly high.

The medicines I've been taking - and have to take for the next 8 days - are making my levels too high by interfering with the vitamin K in my system. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home