Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Does this happen to normal writers?

One of the weirdest things about being me post brain damage is that I will find things that I wrote that I have no memory of writing. I am thinking about submitting to the Maryland Arts Council for an individual arts grant. I always go with the playwright option but this year I am thinking about poetry instead. I wrote quite a lot of poetry in 2003, a particularly odd year for me and I can submit anything written after July 27th, 2003 so I'm looking at some of this stuff to see when I did write it.

I found something called the Plum of Forgiveness that was written in December 2003. It sounded vaguely familiar, but like it was something someone else wrote that I read about but when I searched my blog I see that I did write it and posted about it.

It sounds like me , it's got a creature made from rage and guilt and a lake of tears and a twisty maze but still no memory of writing it. I guess it's like a present to me from me.

I don't like the ending (do I ever?) but I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

Today I wrote another poem called Dating Rituals and one called Miss Goodie Two Shoes about a woman with a secret. I hope it turned out well, it's sort of a cross between prose and poetry, switches from one to the other and it changes POV in the middle so I don't know if it works for anyone but me but I really like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home