Thursday, August 10, 2006

Some catfish and aquarium facts

I think I'm cutting this from my column but don't want it to go to waste.

Catfish don't have scales but some, like the ripsaw catfish (isn't that a great name?), have these bony plates called scutes. Those crazy whiskers that they have are not whiskers at all, they are called barbels and have loads of tastebuds that allows them to find food no matter how cloudy the water. The Tennessee Aquarium has a fabulous freshwater collection, reputed to be the best around, but they also have a pretty nifty saltwater selection which includes sharks, rays and my pals the seahorses. You can click here to find out your sea-horse horoscope; mine was a lot of fun.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey- G I found your blog. I will have to link to it.

Check out mine at www.mortgagethinktank.net

That is my own url and I dropped in WordPress with very little problem- if you might want to set up something similar without having it link elsewhere and have google ads and all that, let me know. When done right, it takes 5 mins to set up and is easy to use and admin.

My hosting company is 1and1 and they are pretty inexpensive.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Georgiana said...

Hi Keith,

It's good to see you. Sometimes I idly think about switching to another system but I really haven't had many problems with Blogger and I've been using them for three years now.

Plus they're owned by my favorite uncle, my Uncle Google and he doesn't charge me anything for it.

How is the Mortgage Think Tank site working for you and Rick? I hope well, you two deserve all the best.

Hope all is well with the kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home