Friday, November 17, 2006

Cam's show opened today

I felt bad for him because his character is grouchy throughout the entire thing, even curtain call. Poor fellow.

It was a terrific performance and I enjoyed it very much.

But from a writer's perspective I don't quite get it. Why does Midsummer's Night Dream end when it does? I would have stopped the show about half an hour before it ended. The last part, the play within the play, doesn't accomplish anything towards the story. All the characters have accomplished their goals (except poor Cam) and everything is settled. So what was the point? I don't know, I may have to read the show because Cameron says Miss Parker cut out a lot of the speeches.

I was really pleased that the new principle came to the show instead of the football game tonight. He says he likes the arts more than sports. W00t!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home