Thursday, November 09, 2006

In Which a Pair of Traveling Pants Disrupts My Word Count

I picked up a copy of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants at the Goodwill the other day, I think I paid a quarter for it because it was a "kids" book. It's been here next to my bed with the rest of the enormous stack of stuff I plan to read someday and for some reason it gravitated to the top of the pile, maybe because Cam said it was also a movie and I was curious as to what made it filmworthy.

My goal for NaNoWriMo is to write a certain number of words at the top of every hour, or at least every hour that I'm not working. So if I get up at eight I can get some word count in before I start work at nine. This is nice for me because then I have a head start for the day and I don't feel so overwhelmed. Today was shopping day, always an ordeal since florescent lights make me throw up and faint, hopefully not at the same time, and I get overwhelmed by all the bright colors and smells at the store so I was a little worried that I might not get my word county, but not too worried.

I started the Traveling Pants book last night and read maybe the first two chapters before I went to sleep. There was nothing in the beginning that warned me that I wouldn't be able to put it down and that it would consume most of my evening and make me cry and feel terribly sad. But it did. It's an excellent story, much more compelling than it's frothy lime cover would lead you to believe. Don't pick it up unless you have time to finish it.

Total word count today - 1025 words for a total of 15267.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home