Monday, November 06, 2006

10,200 words so far

I'm still managing two thousand words a day but my math is feeling the pinch. I'm really behind in my homework but then again I'm having trouble with it. It's population something something, being able to show the explicit and recursive expressions for sequences. Too hard for my scarred up brain I guess.

I read Joan Didion's Year of Magical Thinking this week, did I mention that? It's an amazing book and anyone who has been really hard by grief should read it. You'll feel better about how crazy you felt because you won't feel like you're the only one who ever had those kinds of thoughts.

Then I read Terry Prachett's Going Postal which is a little more somber than most of his work but very interesting and kind of a puzzle. He makes some interesting points about hope and it's opposite, fear. Sutter wrote something similar in her blog a couple of years ago. I may have posted it here, I think I did anyway. Hope is both a great and terrible thing. It can sustain you and it can cut you quite deeply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home