Saturday, December 30, 2006

Constantine meets My Man Godfrey

Proving that I am utterly insane, I started yet another novel last week. I know, I know, I need another project like I need more spinal fluid in my head, but this really annoying character popped into my head while I was taking a bath and won't leave me alone.

I tried writing a few notes down to exorcise him but it didn't work. Then I wrote the first two pages and put it away, thinking I could go back to my November novel but all that happened was I couldn't concentrate on anything and didn't write another word (besides my column) so today I gave in and wrote another thousand words.

It's about an angel called Gabriel (no, not the famous one) whose been laid off and is bored and upset so he goes off to find his favorite human, a flapper he used to know back in the day, but she's very different in this life. After her guardian angel told her she'd never amount to anything she took a vow of goodness and is determined to devote her life to charity. Unfortunately she's no good at it and has left a string of disasters in her wake. In fact she's sitting in jail right now on fraud charges, all because she just wanted to help that nice Nigerian princess out of a jam.

Gabriel's determined to teach her to that charity begins at home and she won't be able to make much of a difference until she's happy. Step one, get rid of her gloom and doom guardian angel. Step two, give Mercy a makeover like no other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home