Saturday, June 09, 2007

Werewolves

Started the new book today - not sure if this what I'm actually going to be working. Could start the next Kitta book or could concentrate on the script or could even take a break. Maybe work on rewriting the Gabriel book. But anyway, here's the opening to the werewolf story. Oddly I keep thinking his name is Clive. Maybe I should change it soon.


My name is Owen and I'm a werewolf. I'm also a dentist. If you think people are afraid of the ordinary dentist you can imagine how they feel about one that turns into a ravening beast every month. I like to send out my bills just before the full moon. Guarantees payment every time.

I wasn't always a werewolf. I was born an ordinary boy who dreamt of being an astronaut or a fireman or a ballerina just like everyone else. But like many other people I fell in love with a girl and like many other people the course of love did not run smoothly. Instead of a broken heart and a drinking habit I wound up with a fear of silver bullets and a zest for chasing rabbits.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home