Sunday, July 08, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Today I wrote a thousand words between my two projects, the weird little love story and the script that is now at about 25,000 words.

I finished a book called Tyrannosaur Canyon (was that even the name?) it failed to engage me, failed to suspend my disbelief and annoyed me because "the world's biggest expert on the t-rex" was a thoroughly nasty man. I happen to know of a fellow that is quite the expert on dinosaurs and says the T-Rex is the coolest critter that ever lived and he's a thouroughly likeable man with endless patience for questions. His name is Thomas Holtz and he's got a book coming out this October. He does my very favorite panels at local cons.

I watched a movie called Ladies in Lavender that was very good. It had Maggie Smith and Judi Dench and was about a couple of old birds whose lives are thrown into turmoil when a half drowned foreigner washes up on their beach. Emotional but not sentimental it, was a lovely film.

Then I watched Ten Things I Hate About You and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Very funny and charming with the Shakespeare skeleton shining through brightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home