Tuesday, August 28, 2007

So what is that? An essay? A composition?

It's just as well Cam is my last child in regular school because it's becoming more and more confusing to me. Today was the first day of 10th grade for him and he brought home a stack of papers for me to read and sign and such.

One of them talks about "Touchstones" and says things like "Students do not prepare before class." That's interesting. "Students do not raise hands." There is quite a bit about discussions. It sounds a little panels at cons except I do tend to raise my hands at those, or some of them anyway. Depends on the panel I suppose.

Now I'm looking at the American Government pages. Cam will be doing BCRs and ECRs. What are those? And well you might ask. Brief Constructed Responses and Extended Constructed Responses. Do I know more now? I really don't.

The funny thing is I'm mentoring a friend of Cullen's and answering all sorts of questions about college and being really helpful (seriously, I'm quite proud of myself). I'm not sure why high school has me so baffled.

In other news no news from the surgery center yet but yesterday's PT/INR was in a good range, which is nice since I've bloomed with bruises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home